Riding the Rapids is the title of the Our Daily Bread devotional HERE. Many of us have a kayaking style of going for the rapids, but only with proper preparation and a dose of caution. Maybe that’s why the article resonates so much, with description of preparations for weight distribution, detailed directions, etc..
Which detailed directions would we describe as being helpful while riding the lifetime of rapids as Christians?
- Finding your community of Christian friends?
- Developing a daily prayer time?
- Continuing education and growing your faith?
- Seeking experiences that allow for incremental strength of character and Christian witness?
May we develop and enhance those detailed directions in our lives this day and in the days ahead…
POSSIBLE ACTION: Ask a friend(s) which “detailed directions” they have found most helpful in strengthening their faith? Which activities would you like to take on or enhance in the days ahead as you continue thinking about “What would Jesus have me do?”
Enjoy the ride, filled with the Spirit…
Lectionary Texts for Sunday, September 5, 2021:
- Proverbs 22:1-2, 8-9, 22-23 and Psalm 125
- Isaiah 35:4-7a and Psalm 146
- James 2:1-10, (11-13), 14-17
- Mark 7:24-37
Know someone who might like receiving messages like this?** If so, forward this message to them and they can sign up HERE
CHRISTIAN PLAYBOOK HUMOR – regular updates, including toonfever.com
STREAMING WORSHIP SERVICES – Cincinnati, Bowling Green and more!
CLICK ON ICONS BELOW FOR LINKS TO CHRISTIAN PLAYBOOK PAGES ON DEVOTIONALS, PRAYERS, MUSIC, STUDY AND LOVE