In the third paragraph of LP’s Lenten Prayer* we read
Help us to build a community known for the risks it takes to help others experience your loving presence.
Have you experienced that risky feeling lately? For those of us blessed enough to hear him on March 17, Bryan Stevenson exhorted the group gathered (at Christ Cathedral in Cincinnati) to get Uncomfortable & Inconvenienced as one of his key principles. For many people, risky brings along uncomfortable and/or inconvenienced for the ride… 🙂
ACTION OPPORTUNITY – as we experience this day, let’s be intentional. Consider finding a place to be inconvenienced and/or uncomfortable. Maybe that’s with a group from your faith community in organized efforts already scheduled. Or perhaps on your own? (some examples are below**)
May you intentionally find yourself uncomfortable and inconvenienced in the week ahead, sharing Christ’s example while strengthened and spurred by the Spirit!
* In the early 2010s, Rev. Dr. LP Jones prepared and shared a Holy Week prayer with the MWPC community as part of his weekly newsletter column [read or listen to the entire Lenten Prayer HERE]
Lectionary Texts for Sunday, April 2, 2023:
** POTENTIAL ACTIONS: This season will likely find increasing numbers of folks looking for food, presenting opportunities to
- share financial and/or food offerings with a local food pantry
- check with your faith community about upcoming opportunities to feed community members
- volunteer to help with a local mobile food pantry or community dinner
- find a Little Pantry in your area and help stock it with shelf-stable food items
for those in the Cinci region, some food organizations are listed HERE
Know someone who might like receiving Christian Playbook messages like this? If so, please forward this message and they can sign up WITH THIS LINK
CHRISTIAN PLAYBOOK HUMOR – periodically updated
STREAMING WORSHIP SERVICES – Cincinnati, Bowling Green and more!
CLICK ON ICONS BELOW FOR LINKS TO CHRISTIAN PLAYBOOK PAGES ON DEVOTIONALS, PRAYERS, MUSIC, STUDY AND LOVE