Open your mind to scripture and context
- “Our Daily Bread” – is a favorite. Packing a few minutes with insight, scripture and prayer in a single email. Listening is an option (as is reading!)
- Upper Room Daily Reflections
- d365 daily devotional
- Guideposts daily devotional
- Daily Hope with Rick Warren
- Forward Day By Day
- Vanderbilt Seminary Lectionary Readings & Thematic Prayers
- Here’s a free Bible you can download to phone, tablet, PC…
- Lectionary reference (PCUSA) in case it is needed for that day/week
- Considered reading the Bible in a year? This website makes it pretty easy to do!
- Prefer printed devotionals? Consider Our Daily Bread, These Days, Upper Room or ??
- In his sermon of 7/13/14 (three months before his glioblastoma diagnosis), Rev. Dr. LP Jones mentioned this devotional site from the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Monastic Way by Joan Chittister contains a monthly commentary with short daily thoughts [thanks Joans C. and S. 🙂 ]
I will receive the Word of God in my heart daily and will teach it diligently, and shall talk of it when I sit in my house, when I walk by the way, when I lie down, and when I rise. (Deut. 6:6-7)