“Centering every day with Christian focus”
ACTIVITIES TO DO DAILY INCLUDE:
- d365 daily devotional
- Guideposts daily devotional
- “Alive Now” daily devotional item
- Vanderbilt Seminary Lectionary Readings & Thematic Prayers
- this devotional APP from the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- [FULL LISTING OF CHRISTIAN PLAYBOOK DEVOTIONALS]
- Physical movement can enhance prayer effectiveness!
- [FULL LISTING OF CHRISTIAN PLAYBOOK PRAYER IDEAS]
- Sing a song –
- do at least 1 daily
- accompany with an instrument (guitar, harmonica, or ???) if you’d like,
- sing along with a Youtube gospel hymn?
- Listen to contemporary Christian music, gospel music, worship music or more from the internet using websites like this one
- Download the app Spotify (free digital music service for computer) and search for “Best of Christian” and listen to a song or two
- [FULL LISTING OF CHRISTIAN PLAYBOOK MUSIC IDEAS]
- There are hundreds of good books. Here are a few of my favorites books and/or authors
- The Humor of Christ – Elton Trueblood
- God’s Psychiatry – Charles Allen
- Listen to some “post modern” thoughts from Leonard Sweet?
- The Heart of Christianity – Marcus J. Borg
- Identify one good “work” for today – letter written; donation made; effort @ Interfaith Hospitality Network, Habitat for Humanity, local food kitchen or ???
- NOTE: the mobius band is here as something of a symbol of one of my favorite phrases: “altruistic egoism.” When you give, you get so much in return (you are one side of the band, others are on the other side and you share the love!)
- [FULL LISTING OF CHRISTIAN PLAYBOOK LOVE IDEAS]
Want an email when the periodic Christian Playbook posting happens 1-3 times a week?
Colossians 3:14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. … 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom; and with gratitude in your hearts sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs to God.
Website designed, organized and shared by Long Memories, LLC