God’s a gonna’ trouble the water…
Lyrics from Wade in the Water provide quite a visual. “See that band all dressed in _____” … white for Israelites, red for those Moses led, etc.
The concept of wading in the water is not always a positive one or a guarantee of an easy life, is it? Avoiding slave catchers comes to mind in particular. Less negative examples like the Red Sea, Jordan River and baptismal waters still have associated challenges (HERE is a little Wikipedia history if you’re interest in more.)
ACTION: Consider listening to traditional versions of Wade in the Water or those with WitW influences
- Sistah Lala’s “Troubled Waters” version is HERE – a really nice combination of traditional and faith-filled message in this one
- Chapel Folk’s “Wade in the Water – a Stoned version” is HERE
- A few more traditional versions HERE
Ready to “wade in the water” today? [at least figuratively, if not literally? ]
Enjoy the day, filled with the Spirit!
WORSHIP SERVICES ONLINE: Click HERE for a few options
P.S. More of the neighborhood sidewalk art below (and HERE if you missed it the other day) Thanks neighbors!
HUMOR SECTION: With our water theme today, maybe you’ll want to watch some “Water Falls” AFHV videos HERE?
- For People Critically Ill, or Facing Great Uncertainty – from ANZPB (bottom of first page shown HERE)
- Lenten Prayer by Rev. Dr. LP Jones: opportunities to read or listen
Lectionary Texts for Sunday, March 22, 2020:
Know someone who might like receiving messages like this?** If so, forward this message to them and they can sign up HERE