Three Ways to Strengthen Your Prayer Life by Elizabeth Peale Allen suggests these approaches
- Change your prayer posture
- Offer your day to God
- Pray a balanced prayer
Elizabeth shares details on reserving a time in your day and components of prayer, among several others. Her full article (HERE) is worth the read, for sure.
POTENTIAL ACTION: Is “daily prayer” on your to-do list or calendar? If not, consider adding this to your official list or create some other methodical approach for coming to God in daily prayer (first thing in the morning, before bed, before meals or __________.)
PRAYER (elements of the prayer from Elizabeth’s article)
Almighty God, Today I offer myself completely to you: all my thoughts, all my words, all I do. Make my every movement a living prayer; help me unite myself to your son Jesus Christ in heart, mind and soul. For Jesus’ sake, Amen.
Enjoy the day, filled with the Spirit!
- Christian Playbook humor links – updated on 6/19
- For People Critically Ill, or Facing Great Uncertainty (bottom of first page shown HERE)
- Celtic Daily Prayer
- CP Prayer Page – containing LOADS of possibilities…
Lectionary Texts for Sunday, June 21, 2020:
- Genesis 21:8-21 and Psalm 86:1-10, 16-17
- Jeremiah 20:7-13 and Psalm 69:7-10, (11-15), 16-18
- Romans 6:1b-11
- Matthew 10:24-39
Know someone who might like receiving messages like this?** If so, forward this message to them and they can sign up HERE