Consider clicking HERE and listening to some beautiful music while reading on… [music is a combination of Dona Nobis Pacem (Give Us Peace) /Auld Lang Syne performed by Chris Botti and Yo-Yo Ma.]
As we finish off 2019 and anticipate 2020 this song combination seems perfect. We remember old times. We seek peace.
How about this for an old-time memory?
And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth. ~ John 1:14
And this for what we seek to do in 2020 and forward?
In Christ we have also obtained an inheritance, having been destined according to the purpose of him who accomplishes all things according to his counsel and will, so that we, who were the first to set our hope on Christ, might live for the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you had heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and had believed in him, were marked with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit; this is the pledge of our inheritance toward redemption as God’s own people, to the praise of his glory. ~ Ephesians 1:11-14
- Do you create New Year’s resolutions?
- If so, in reading the Ephesians verses, what comes to mind that could go on the list to praise God’s glory?
- If not, what can go on this week’s “to do” list using the Ephesians verses for inspiration?
- Check out a little more about the Scottish history of Auld Lang Syne HERE
Enjoy this last day of 2019, filled with the Spirit!
Lectionary Texts for Sunday, January 5, 2020:
- Jeremiah 31:7-14 or Sirach 24:1-12
- Psalm 147:12-20 or Wisdom of Solomon 10:15-21
- Ephesians 1:3-14
- John 1:(1-9), 10-18
Know someone who might like receiving messages like this?** If so, forward this message to them and they can sign up HERE