One of our church saints told me of her joy in reading the book God’s Trombones by James Weldon Johnson. This poem (Go Down Death) from that book states so well what I believe our sister Sara Liz would say to us now that she’s passed, including the phrases
“And she whispered to us; I’m going home, And she smiled and closed her eyes”
“Weep not – weep not, She is not dead; She’s resting in the bosom of Jesus.”
~ God’s Trombones, p. 29
What books or readings would you want people to see as testimony of your time on this earth?
- take a look through your favorite books and articles to remind yourself of some noteworthy learnings
- have you summarized some of these gems for possible use at your own celebration of life? If not – or if you want to think about how to share these ideas with family – check out links HERE
Enjoy the day, filled with the Spirit!
- Christian Playbook humor links – updated on 6/19
- For People Critically Ill, or Facing Great Uncertainty (bottom of first page shown HERE)
- Celtic Daily Prayer
- CP Prayer Page – containing LOADS of possibilities…
Lectionary Texts for Sunday, June 28, 2020:
Know someone who might like receiving messages like this?** If so, forward this message to them and they can sign up HERE