Penny Ford in her Lent 101 article for Upper Room shares 10 ideas (condensed here):
- Try an electronic fast
- Start a prayer rhythm daily
- Take an online course as a part of your Lenten discipline
- Forgive someone who doesn’t deserve it (maybe even yourself)
- Give up something and give the money you save to help folks in a different part of the world who are in crisis
- Create a 10 minute daily quiet time
- Cultivate a life of gratitude
- Visit Sight Psalms and spend time in visual meditation and prayer
- Volunteer one hour or more each week
- Pray for others you see in your daily activities
ACTION: Does one of these capture your attention? Give it a try! You can see details of Penny’s thoughts on these 10 ideas HERE.
Enjoy the day, filled with the Spirit!
Lectionary Texts for this Sunday, March 11, 2018:
Know someone who might like receiving messages like this?** If so, forward this message to them and they can sign up HERE