As we prepare for the upcoming church “program year”, it’s a good time to mention one of the best Christian development programs in my life…
For many valued years, a group of MWPC men got together every Friday at 6:03 AM for fellowship, prayer and action. The FATHERS Team materials gave us opportunities to practice being better fathers, husbands and Christian citizens.
The nice thing is, most of these FATHERS Team materials easily fit a “gender neutral” team as well. Here’s one of the FATHERS Team “daily signals” that works for all Christians
“As for me and my fellow Christians we will consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, but encouraging one another, and all the more as we see the Day drawing near” ~ FATHERS Team signal taken from Hebrews 10:24-25, with CP change of “Christians” in place of “Fathers”
- Try saying aloud the “signal” above on a daily basis for this upcoming week
- If you, your church or small group is looking for study materials or retreat possibilities that “upbuild men, women, and children in practical expressions of their Christian faith” check out Ron Rand’s website
Enjoy the day, filled with the Spirit!
P.S. This post written with thanksgiving to Ron Rand and MWPC FATHERS Team participants who helped to shape so many positive aspects of my Christian life!
Lectionary Texts for this Sunday, August 20, 2017:
- Genesis 45:1-15 and Psalm 133
- Isaiah 56:1, 6-8 and Psalm 67
- Romans 11:1-2a, 29-32
- Matthew 15: (10-20), 21-28
Know someone who might like receiving messages like this?** If so, forward this message to them and they can sign up HERE