Two years ago, a wonderful daughter came into our family through marriage. It was a blessed day in many ways, including the positive, wise presence of Pastor Roger.
In addition to lightening the mood with several observations – most kilts ever in a wedding he’s done; never a groom with a big brace on his knee; etc. – he brought a wonderful message to the couple (and to all of us.) Using the fact that the groom was using a cane, Pastor Roger shared commentary about using critical “crutches” in life: a significant other, the cloud of witnesses in your community and especially God.
Pastor Roger reminded the happy couple that: 1) God wants to help you and support you as individuals and as a couple and 2) God wants honest conversation with you and from you.
A good message for us all! 🙂
- enjoy some honest conversation with God in a comfortable setting
- think of someone who has been a critical crutch for you in the past few months and contact them to thank them via phone, note, text or …
Enjoy the day, filled with the Spirit!
Lectionary Texts for Sunday, November 24, 2019:
- Jeremiah 23:1-6 and Luke 1:68-79
- Jeremiah 23:1-6 and Psalm 46
- Colossians 1:11-20
- Luke 23:33-43 Isaiah 65:17-25 and Isaiah 12
- Malachi 4:1-2a and Psalm 98
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6-13
- Luke 21:5-19
Know someone who might like receiving messages like this?** If so, forward this message to them and they can sign up HERE