A Devotion for Memorial Day by Fred Bauer provides some historical perspective on the holiday as well as his own personal practice with his mother. Definitely worth the 3-5 minute read!
ACTION: If you feel the urge, consider taking a 5-15 minute stroll through a cemetery you pass along your way today. Pray for those buried there, their sacrifices, their families and the love that they shared. Then, maybe it’s time for a phone call to someone whose memory you’d like to celebrate while he/she is still alive?
Enjoy the day, filled with the Spirit!
- Christian Playbook humor links – new updates as of 5/22
- For People Critically Ill, or Facing Great Uncertainty (bottom of first page shown HERE)
- Celtic Daily Prayer
- CP Prayer Page – containing LOADS of possibilities…
Lectionary Texts for Sunday, May 31, 2020:
- Acts 2:1-21 or Numbers 11:24-30
- Psalm 104:24-34, 35b
- 1 Corinthians 12:3b-13 or Acts 2:1-21
- John 20:19-23 or John 7:37-39
Know someone who might like receiving messages like this?** If so, forward this message to them and they can sign up HERE